Episode 001: “Welcome to Stratechery.FM”
Hosts: Jon Nathanson, Ben Thompson
Runtime: 1 hour 36 minutes
00:03:00 The Future of Journalism
- Welcome to Stratechery 2.0
- FiveThirty Eight and the End of Average
- Newspapers Are Dead; Long Live Journalism
00:28:00 The Superfan Economy (in Writing, TV, Music)
00:35:00 Why Movies (and some TV) Are Different from Other Content Types
- Why Hollywood Resists Disruption: It doesn’t fight off invaders. It sits down and does business with them.
- The Cord-Cutting Fantasy
- Why TV Has Resisted Disruption
- The Jobs TV Does
00:48:15 Google Fiber
01:22:07 What Wall Street Values in Tech Companies (And What it Expects)
You can leave comments on this episode at our website.
Follow the show on Twitter @stratecheryfm.